[CFR] ftp/curl update and API incompatibility

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Fri Dec 8 10:24:09 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 07:57:59PM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 02:56:57PM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm writing to you all because you are listed as maintainers of ports
> > that depend directly on ftp/curl.  Attached is a patch that updates
> > ftp/curl to version 7.16.0; however, this update might need some testing.
>
> After some comments from some of the maintainers, here's an updated
> version of the patch, which also takes care of the ports that do not
> specify a shared library version in the curl dependency (i.e. they depend
> on "curl", not "curl.3").  This patch also:
> - bumps the PORTREVISION of the ftp/php4-curl, ftp/php5-curl, and
>   www/pecl-pecl_http ports;
[snip]

And of course, as Alex Dupre kindly pointed out, the PORTREVISION on
php5-curl should be 1, not 2.  Updated curl-16-03.patch available at
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~roam/patches/curl/

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
If this sentence didn't exist, somebody would have invented it.