Newbie creating a port (smilutils) quicktime dependency problem

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Sat Dec 2 13:30:07 PST 2006

Hi:

Ok, this is the second time I will try to create a port (first time
didn't work out because of too many bugs in the source). I have read the
porters handbook.

Well, I have found a contribution to Kino, smilutils,

   http://www.kinodv.org/article/view/70/1/7

which should be able to handle the smil-file and produce output suitable
for dvd or viewing.

Two questions:

1) How do I specify dependencies on header files. One thing is the -I in
CPPFLAGS, but I also need to declare a BUILDDEPENDS or something similar?

2) How do I deal with dependency on libquicktime?

There doesn't seem to be a "without-quicktime" option, that would've
been nice to get started. The problem seems to be that the quicktime
port(s) are named differently than on most linux distros.

I tried to look at other ports, including ffmpeg but all seem to handle
this differently. One port try to edit the config script, but maybe
patches are prefered?

Any hints or tricks?

Thanks, Erik
--