google-earth-4.0.1693 Locks up...

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Sat Aug 19 02:58:10 UTC 2006

Hello,

Surely I'm missing something basic here.

The latest version (v.1693) does not work for me on RELENG_6.  Running
it, it stops at "loading myplaces.kml".  If I delete the ~/.googleearth
directory it gets a little further... myplaces appear to get loaded, and
then it just locks up.  It does not complain in any fashion.  It never
draws earth and just locks up.

At one point there were a lot of complaints about v.1693 not working.
Then the complaints seemed to dissipate.  Though a lot of people did
chime in with "works fine here"... no one that I saw had nailed down the
problem or offered a solution.

I've searched a good bit and just not found what I need to get it running.

Any ideas?  Anything I can provide that would be helpful?

Thanks.
--
Regards,
Eric