problem building linuxthreads on RELENG_6

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Thu Aug 10 14:03:09 UTC 2006

On 08/08/2006 23:06, Ganbold wrote:
> Eric Schuele wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to build MySQL with linuxthread support.  The build is
>> failing within linuxthreads with the following error(s):
>>
>> cc -O -pipe -march=pentium4 -g -O2 -Wall -DCOMPILING_LINUXTHREADS
>> -I/usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads/work/linuxthreads-2.2.3_21
>> -I/usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads/work/linuxthreads-2.2.3_21/sysdeps/i386
>> -I/usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads/work/linuxthreads-2.2.3_21/sysdeps/pthread
>> -I/usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads/work/linuxthreads-2.2.3_21/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
>> -I/usr/src/lib/libc/stdtime -DLIBC_RCS -DLINUXTHREADS -D__USE_UNIX98
>> -D__USE_XOPEN2K -D_STACK_GROWS_DOWN -DNEWLIBC -D_THREAD_SAFE
>> -I/usr/src/lib/libc/i386
>> -I/usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads/work/linuxthreads-2.2.3_21/sysdeps/i386
>>  -c getnetby_r.c
>> getnetby_r.c:57: error: conflicting types for 'getnetbyaddr_r'
>> /usr/include/netdb.h:239: error: previous declaration of
>> 'getnetbyaddr_r' was here
>>
>> The README.FreeBSD says that linuxthreads is only intended to run on
>> 5-current or 4.x.  Surely this is an outdated doc, right?
>>
>> I can get passed the error by fiddling with the conditional
>> compilations.  But surely I should not have to.
>>
>> Is this a problem... or am I not supposed to be able to 'make install
>> clean' linuxthreads?
> I've got same problem yesterday when I tried to install linuxthreads
> from ports.
> Later installed binary package using pkg_add.

you know... after my little bit twiddling... the compilation I made did
not seem to work.  MySQL would hang when running mysql_install_db.  So
then I removed it and used the package.  But had the same results.  So
then I bailed on linuxthreads and things seem to work.

So now I guess my question is.... what might I have done wrong?  Are you
using linuxthreads for MySQL, or some other app?

> Ganbold

Regards,
Eric