linux-flashplugin7

Joey Mingrone joey at mingrone.org
Tue Aug 8 15:20:51 UTC 2006

Hi Jamie:

I just updated my linux-flashplugin-7 port to
linux-flashplugin-7.0r63_1 and I'm now having some problems getting it
working in FreeBSD's native firefox (firefox-1.5.0.4,1).

I noticed that the installation directory is now
/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/ so I updated the soft links in
/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/ to:

flashplayer.xpt@ -> /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/flashplayer.xpt
libflashplayer.so@ -> /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so

and the relevant part of my /etc/libmap.conf looks like:

# Flash7 with Firefox/Konqueror
[/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0                      pluginwrapper/flash7.so
libdl.so.2                                pluginwrapper/flash7.so
libz.so.1                                 libz.so.3
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        libstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6                               libm.so.4
libc.so.6                                pluginwrapper/flash7.so

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joey