some ports are not been started

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 21:10:53 UTC 2006

:
> Any clues ?

What version of FreeBSD are you running?

If you recently upgraded to FreeBSD 6.1, did you run mergemaster to
update your /etc/rc.d/ directory, as there was a change in rc scripts
procesing to allow the /usr/local/etc/rc.d scripts t be ordered with
the less critical startup scripts in /etc/rc.d.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.