portmaster, bison, java/jdk15

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Aug 2 04:46:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:33:02 -0500, Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/1/06, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 22:50:30 -0500, Jiawei Ye <leafy7382 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I am running into 2 problems.
>> >
>> > 1. Some ports want devel/bison as dependancy, I installed devel/bison2
>> > and it works too. But when the bison1 depending port gets upgraded by
>> > portmaster, portmaster will insist on bringing in devel/bison, instead
>> > of devel/bison2. Not sure what the correct solution is.
>> >

>> It is a known issue, I have reported to Doug a while back. I have a
>> workaround for it by hack in portmaster, but it is not a right solution.
>> Someone will have to figure a good solution. However, here's what I
>> hacked
>> in portmaster.
>>
> :
>> As for solution, right now I am thinking about check on each port's
>> conflict. Like for example:
>>
>>        - Check on if devel/bison has any of CONFLICT.
>>        - CONFLICTS is devel/bison2, then check if
>>          devel/bison2 exists.
>>        - devel/bison2 does exist, then remove the
>>          devel/bison out of dependency check list.
>>        - Check if devel/bison2 needs to update.
>>        - [...goes on as normal...]
>>
>> I don't know if it's good idea. Looks like create a database is a better
>> solution?
>>

> How about changing the ports that depend on bison to use something like:

It will working for bison, but portmaster still need to be fix as there
are some of ports other than just bison. For example, pcre vs pcre-utf8,
cdrtools vs cdrtools-devel, ffmpeg vs ffmpeg-devel and goes on.... Add
more USE_* for those too? :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

> USE_BISON= 1+
>
> Then either submit a Mk/bsd.bison.mk file, or patch bsd.port.mk so
> that it will automatically detect which version of bison is installed
> (see USE_[MYSQL, POSTGRESQL, BDB] in Mk/bsd.databases.mk for an
> example) and added it as a BUILD_DEPENDS.
>
> Note: If a port also needs bison as a RUN_DEPENDS, you could use
> USE_BISON_RUN= 1+, and it would automatically set both a build, and
> run dependancy.
>
> Scot

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org