portmaster, bison, java/jdk15

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 04:06:06 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, Jiawei Ye <leafy7382 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. I just made a java/jdk15 yesterday, and the port gets updated
> today, resulting in portmaster wanting to upgrade the port, but
> portmaster will also try to install linux-sun-jdk15 as a dependancy on
> JDK15. The normal situation is that when there is a native JDK/Diablo
> present in the system, JDK15 port shouldn't depend on linux-sun-jdk
> for bootstrapping. I am not sure if this is a problem with the jdk15
> port itself or not. doing "make clean" in java/jdk15 does list
> linux-sun-jdk as a dependancy, but simple 'make install' will not pull
> it in, is this contradictory?

No it's not contradictory, linux-sun-jdk is a build time dependance
and is only needed to build java/jdk15.  It is not need for JDK15 to
run, this is why it is not listed as a dependancy during a 'make
install'.

Scot

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.