HEADS UP: Triage of rcNG related problem reports/USE_RC_SUBR

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Thu Apr 27 06:33:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:14:57 +0400
"Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry, I didn't have time to do extensive testing and
> check b.p.m for the bug myself, so here it goes.
>
> I noticed that ".sh" is stripped. So I decided to save b.p.m
> the effort and renamed files/start.sh.in to files/start.in. Now
> I used USE_RC_SUBR=start (instead of start.sh). Guess
> what? b.p.m added ".sh" for me :-)

I strongly doubt this, and if it happens then it's a (local) bug.

Please try to install for example sysutils/apcupsd and
mail/dspam-devel, one has USE_RC_SUBR= apcupsd and corresponding
files/apcupsd.in, the other has USE_RC_SUBR= dspam-devel.sh and
files/dspam-devel.sh.in

If you don't see them installed in the same way (either with .sh or
w/o .sh, depending on you OSVERSION), please make sure your Ports
Tree is up-to-date (like in rm -rf /usr/ports/* && csup ...) and try
again. If they still ain't installed in the same way please report back.

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

"Life and death are seldom logical."
"But attaining a desired goal always is."
		-- McCoy and Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2821.7