libtool upgrade, entry 20060223 in UPDATING

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Tue Apr 25 20:18:36 UTC 2006

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Hans Lambermont wrote:
>> Frank Laszlo wrote:
>>> the '-p' argument for portupgrade will build packages on your
>>> staging server, these packages can then be moved over to the
>>> production machine to be installed.  Downtime should be minimal.
>>
>> Well, in my first mail I started here; I have the full list of
>> packages already built on the staging server. I moved them over to
>> the production server, removed all old ports, and tried to install
>> all of them with this : pkg_add *.tgz . But pkg_add refuses to
>> proceed, complaining "pkg_add: too many packages (max 200)". I have
>> over 400. If I choose a smaller subset with for instance pkg_add
>> [a-f]*.tgz I get dependency problems, +REQUIRED files that are not
>> there yet etc.
>>
>> Perhaps I should up the hardcoded 200 to 500 in pkg_add and retry ?
>
> Just specify the path where to find the dependencies and it'll do it
> automatically, see the manpage.

Well, I ran the pkg_add [somesubset]*.tgz in the directory with the
packages, and according to PKG_ADD(1) they should have been picked up
already (...If the packages are not found in the current working
directory, pkg_add will search them in...).

Maybe it worked for the first few, and then the packages list grew to
still hit the max-200 limit ? I think that is what happened.

Thanks for all the help so far people, highly appreciated :)

regards,

-- Hans Lambermont