Maintaining Site Specific Ports

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Wed Apr 19 21:59:28 UTC 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:36:00 -0700
"Ian A. Tegebo" <yontege at rescomp.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I'm interested in maintaining a set of ports that install site specific
> files.  I was hoping to set something up like Gentoo's Portage Overlay:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=5#doc_chap2
>
> A coworker simply tried putting a custom port in
> /usr/ports/OURSITE/ourport but couldn't get indexing to work; does
> anyone have any experience doing something like this?

You need to add OURSITE to VALID_CATEGORIES,  OURSITE to SUBDIR in
ports/Makefile and ourport to SUBDIR in ports/OURSITE/Makefile

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

The games have always strengthened us.  Death becomes a familiar
pattern.  We don't fear it as you do.
		-- Proconsul Marcus Claudius, "Bread and Circuses",
		   stardate 4041.2