FreeBSD Port: nvidia-driver-1.0.8178_1

Benjamin Lutz benlutz at datacomm.ch
Mon Apr 17 00:48:48 UTC 2006

On Monday 17 April 2006 02:33, Dee Ayy wrote:
> I downloaded the AMD64 version of FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE and tried to build
> the nvidia-driver from ports and got an error stating this is for the i386
> and I am running amd64.  Now what?

The message is correct, nvidia-driver does not work on FreeBSD/amd64. However,
Xorg comes with an nv driver that should work with your hardware. It doesn't
support hardware-accelerated 3D, but works fine otherwise.

> Also, it's been over a year since I've tried FreeBSD.  Has the make
> invocation changed for BATCH?  I don't recall typing "=yes" in
> make install BATCH=yes
> Is this the proper method to have a non-interactive compile and
> installation?  Or would it be
> make BATCH=yes && make install BATCH=yes
> ?

Both will do the same. Maybe you don't remember "=yes" because you typed
make install -DBATCH
last time? It will do the same as BATCH=yes.

Cheers
Benjamin