BEWARE upgrading Horde System

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sun Apr 9 08:03:43 UTC 2006

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Thierry Thomas wrote:

> Le Ven  7 avr 06 à 16:18:31 +0200, Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com>
> écrivait :
>> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 10:40:01AM +0100, Spadge wrote:
>>> Why not overwrite the .dist and leave the .conf as it was? OK, so it may
>>
>> Many ports work this way (re: keeping the .conf).  The port maintainer
>> should address this, as many others have done.
>
> OK, I must admit that I don't know how to handle properly installation /
> configuration / deinstallation / reinstallation of the Horde's ports.

Actually, I think you've done a fine job ... my *only* beef is arbitrarily
moving aside of the config files that I've already configured ... if I
download a horde package, and untar that over top of my existing setup, to
upgrade, *it* doesn't do it ... and if I use CVS to update from the
anoncvs server, it doesn't remove my config files ... the FreeBSD port
shouldn't either ...

IMHO, if you applied the following to get rid of the behaviour, that would
fix things ... and, IMHO, that is the only thing that *is* broken with the
port ... I install from ports, for applications like Horde, to make sure
that all dependencies are in place ...

diff -c files/pkg-install.in.orig files/pkg-install.in
*** files/pkg-install.in.orig   Sun Apr  9 07:56:56 2006
--- files/pkg-install.in        Sun Apr  9 07:57:24 2006
***************
*** 101,117 ****
               chown -R $hordeusr:$hordegrp $hordedir || exit 1
           fi

-         if [ -z "${PACKAGE_BUILDING}" ]; then
-             # Don't reset the config to default (PR ports/88621)
-
-             for cf in `ls %%HORDEDIR%%/config/*php`; do
-                 if [ -f $cf.previous ]; then
-                     mv $cf $cf.new
-                     echo "--->   $cf not installed ***"
-                     echo "--->       please copy from $cf.previous ***"
-                     echo "--->                or from $cf.new      ***"
-                 fi
-             done
-         fi
         ;;