FreeBSD Port: David Please Upgrade gdb-6_20040810 to GDB 6.4

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 3 06:52:14 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 04:25:14AM -0500, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> I hope you are doing well.
> gdb-6_20040810 is too old port it's done 2004 and many
> releases have been released since then.

The problem is functionality I depended on as the bases for our threading
support (a hack) was removed in the snapshot following 10-Aug-2004.  I
haven't had sufficient time to sit down and redo the work from scratch to
work with newer version of GDB.

> Now GDB 6.4 is released which has now
> So could you please get it updated now?

If you have a patch set that ports the treading support that
/usr/ports/gdb6/files/patch-* adds.

-or-

> GDB 6.4 supports User-level thread support in BSD
> It is now possible to debug programs using the
> user-level threads library on selected targets running
> OpenBSD and FreeBSD.

if I find this works as well.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)