www/resin3 patch

Vasil Dimov vd at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 3 06:49:09 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 04:33:28PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:

> Instead  of linking  with  "cc" instead  of "ld",  why  not add  a
> « FreeBSD SPECIFIC  OPTION » called "-pthread" to  "ld", like what
> has been done to "cc"?

Because linking with cc is a fix that we have a patch for and therefore
can be committed right on the moment.

Do you have a patch that adds -pthread to ld? Do you know how trivial or
difficult would be to create such a patch?

As I see it you object against linking with cc instead of ld, but you do
not have any other solution (except from linking *everything* with
pthread).

I suggest that in a short term we link with cc instead of ld, and in a
long term someone (you?) create a patch for a -pthread ld option.
Do you agree?

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF at dv

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra