Force Package Register for linux_base-rh-9

Sat Apr 1 08:04:56 UTC 2006

Am Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:46:44 -0600
schrieb Josh Tolbert <hemi at puresimplicity.net>:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 03:42:02PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > That will "work" for now, but it won't stop further port installs from
> > misbehaving.  See bsd.port.mk for the variables to set to control
> > which linux base port to use.
> >
> > Kris
>
> Ya learn something new every day. I guess that's what I get for not actually
> needing to reinstall any FreeBSD machines I run since 5.3...

Besides OVERIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT: I suggest to install the fc3 one
instead. It's as adventurous as the rh9 port. But contrary to the rh9
port it has some sort of blessing from the maintainer(s) of the
userland part of the linuxolator (it is supposed to replace the current
default linux base) and you can expect help on emulation@ in case
something doesn't work (there are known deficiencies in all linux base
ports which aren't maintained by emulation@).

Bye,
Alexander.

--