Need help with patching a file in a new port....

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Wed Sep 28 19:46:40 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm having slight difficulty creating a patch for a file in a new port....

I have unpacked the source.  It merely needs a path changed in the
Makefile.  So I fixed it, and created a port for it.  However, the patch
I made fails to apply.  I get the message:

   "File to patch: "

No answer appears appropriate.  Obviously I've missed a step or done
something wrong.  I've read over the porters handbook, googled a bit...
nothing apparent stood out.

Ideas?

oh... I'm not determined to be the maintainer of the port... but listed
myself as such since that's what the instructions said to do.  I'm
willing to be... just didn't know if it was supposed to be *me* or some
committer.  Guess that gets straightened out when I submit it?

Thanks,
--
Regards,
Eric