Portupgrade Error

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Wed Sep 28 09:47:19 PDT 2005

Mark Kane wrote:
> Hi. I cvsupped my ports collection today and started the portupgrade
> process. I ran a `portsdb -Uu` and let it finish, and the output telling
> me to report to this email address is below.
>
> FreeBSD Version: 5.4-RELEASE
> Architecture: amd64
> /etc/make.conf:
>
> # added by use.perl 2005-09-15 14:33:09
> PERL_VER=5.8.7
> PERL_VERSION=5.8.7
>
> I did a portupgrade a week or two ago and everything went fine, so I'm
> not sure what would cause this.
>
> Thanks
>
> -Mark

> amd64# portsdb -Uu
> Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
> wait.."/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 2890: warning: duplicate script
> for target "checksum" ignored
> ===> textproc/tet-aspell failed
> *** Error code 1
> 1 error

> Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
> version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
> have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
> not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
> particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
> collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
> report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with relevant
> details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
> your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
> settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).
>
> Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
> automatically with "make fetchindex".
>
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports.
> failed to generate INDEX!
> portsdb: index generation error

I apologize for cross posting, but I didn't realize that
ports at freebsd.org was a list until now (thought ports@ was an "official"
address for reporting and freebsd-ports@ was the list). I'm now
subscribed to freebsd-ports.

Anyway, I tried CVSupping again this morning just in case there was
something wrong with the files I got on Monday. Now when I try a
"portsdb -Uu", I get the following. I notice there is nothing about
aspell now like there was before, but new errors have come:

amd64# portsdb -Uu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait.."/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 2890: warning: duplicate script
for target "checksum" ignored
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.python.mk", line 179: warning: String comparison
operator should be either == or !=
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.python.mk", line 179: Malformed conditional
(!empty(_PYTHON_VERSION_MINIMUM) && (  ${_PYTHON_VERSION} <
${_PYTHON_VERSION_MINIMUM}))
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.python.mk", line 182: warning: String comparison
operator should be either == or !=
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.python.mk", line 182: Malformed conditional
(!empty(_PYTHON_VERSION_MAXIMUM) && (  ${_PYTHON_VERSION} >
${_PYTHON_VERSION_MAXIMUM}))
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1378: if-less endif
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1378: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
===> net/py-kenosis-bittorrent failed
*** Error code 1
===> security/p5-Crypt-HCE_SHA failed
*** Error code 1
2 errors

[...]

amd64# uname -a
FreeBSD amd64.localhost 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #4: Sun Aug 28
02:04:13 CDT 2005 mixx941 at amd64.localhost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AMD643000
  amd64

I'm trying to update my ports to include the Firefox fix since I use
Firefox as my browser. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Mark