Getting assistant to install 4.4BSD-Lite2 as software package

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Tue Sep 27 07:54:16 PDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 05:02:01AM -0700, shafi kamal wrote:
> Hello,
>   I am a new user to 4.4FreeBSD. Installation of 4.4FreeBSD v 5.4
> completed. I am trying to set up i.e install 4.4BSD-Lite2 distribution as a
> software package in my FreeBSD system. I am in some truble.
> Can u show we me  the way to make installation complete?
> I have collected the 4.4BSD-Lite2.tar.gz , unzip it & found the
> directories Domestic, Foreign, telnet, telnetd & so on.
> I have somewhat read the Makefiles. Now what the next step would be
>  to complete installation of this software?

Asking a stupid question on a different list doesn't generally change
the fact that the question is stupid.  Have you read a single response
to your previous queries?  4.4BSD-Lite2 is an incomplete and highly
obsolete distribution of BSD that FreeBSD is based on (over a decade in
the past).  It's not something you can or should install.

-- Brooks