FreeBSD Port: fvwm-2.4.19

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Fri Sep 23 18:08:26 PDT 2005

In message <20050923213025.54483.qmail at web34112.mail.mud.yahoo.com>, Adam
write
s:
> Hi-
>
> I am trying to install fvwm-2.4.19 on my FreeBSD 5.4 release machine and I ca
> n not seem to get all the packages. I downloaded it through ftp it from the p
> orts collection off the FreeBSD site and when I use the "pkg_add fvwm-2.4.19.
> tbz" command it thinks for second and then it says "pkg_add: could not find p
> ackage m4-1.4.3!" I got the same result for both the 5 stable tree and the 5.
> 4 release tree. I thought that if I downloaded the fvwm-2.4.19.tbz file it co
> ntained all the packages I needed to install fvwm-2.4.19.tbz. Am I doing some
> thing wrong? Thanks for any help you can give!

You need to make sure that all prerequisite packages are:

a) installed, or
b) in the /usr/ports/packages/All directory, or
c) use portinstall to fetch and install requisite packages.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>
Web:  http://www.komquats.com and http://www.bcbodybuilder.com
FreeBSD UNIX:  <cy at FreeBSD.org>   Web:  http://www.FreeBSD.org
BC Government:  <Cy.Schubert at gov.bc.ca>

    "Lift long enough and I believe arrogance is replaced by
    humility and fear by courage and selfishness by generosity
    and rudeness by compassion and caring."
        -- Dave Draper