SpamAssassin 3.1.0 port broken?

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Sep 21 23:42:51 PDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 10:56:47PM -0700, Andrew Thomas wrote:
> Is it only me or is this port broken.  I had 3.0.4 installed on a
> 5.4 Stable machine.  I updated my ports tree a few days ago and now
> when I try to use portupgrade I get the below.  I have the latest
> versions of what it's complaining about (according to what's in the
> INDEX file) so I'm not sure what's wrong.  There's nothing in the
> UPDATING file or any othermention of special procedures.  Am I
> missing something obvious?

A lot has changed from 3.0.4 to 3.1.0. You should read

  PREFIX/share/doc/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin/UPGRADE

and adapt your configuration, as the pkg-message stated. I think
mentioning this in UPDATING migth be worth it, even tough it is
explicitely mentioned when the port is upgraded or installed.

cheers, t.