Autotools help needed

Boris Kovalenko boris at ntmk.ru
Tue Sep 13 22:31:44 PDT 2005

Hello!

    I'm net/quagga port maintainer and I'm not familar with autotools.
My port is needed to modify configure.ac. When I do so, my build process
run as described:
1. configure is running
2. I get errors
cd . && /bin/sh /usr/ports/net/quagga/work/quagga-0.98.5/missing --run
aclocal-1.9 -I m4
aclocal-1.9: not found
WARNING: `aclocal-1.9' is missing on your system.  You should only need
it if
         you modified `acinclude.m4' or `configure.ac'.  You might want
         to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.  Grab them from
         any GNU archive site.
cd . && /bin/sh /usr/ports/net/quagga/work/quagga-0.98.5/missing --run
automake-1.9 --gnu
automake-1.9: not found
WARNING: `automake-1.9' is missing on your system.  You should only need
it if
         you modified `Makefile.am', `acinclude.m4' or `configure.ac'.
         You might want to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.
         Grab them from any GNU archive site.
cd . && /bin/sh /usr/ports/net/quagga/work/quagga-0.98.5/missing --run
autoconf
autoconf: not found
WARNING: `autoconf' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `configure.ac'.  You might want to install the
         `Autoconf' and `GNU m4' packages.  Grab them from any GNU
         archive site.

3. configure is running again and build process continues

Question: is this OK? May You tell me what should I do to run autotools
properly? Thanks in advance.

With respect,
    Boris Kovalenko