mod_fcgi problems

James Tanis jtanis at pycoder.org
Fri Sep 2 14:35:56 PDT 2005

I've just now decided to post this, but the problem has existed for a
little while now. Honestly, I'm just not really sure where to start based
on the information the port system is giving me. I'm running FreeBSD
v5.4-stable with a kernel compiled on July 5th after updating from CVS.
The system is an older pentium2/433mhz w/ 320 megs of ram. The ports tree
is current, updated maybe a half hour prior to this message. A simple make
while in /usr/ports/www/mod_fastcgi works fine, it's in the install
process that I am getting the error. Here it is:

===>  Installing for mod_fastcgi-2.4.2
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if www/mod_fastcgi already installed
cd /usr/ports/www/mod_fastcgi/work/mod_fastcgi-2.4.2 ;
/usr/local/sbin/apxs -i -a -n fastcgi mod_fastcgi.so
/usr/local/share/apache2/build/instdso.sh
SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/local/share/apache2/build/libtool' mod_fastcgi.so
/usr/local/libexec/apache2
/usr/local/share/apache2/build/libtool --mode=install cp mod_fastcgi.so
/usr/local/libexec/apache2/
cp mod_fastcgi.so /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_fastcgi.so
cp: mod_fastcgi.so: No such file or directory
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

Any suggestions? Tell me if any additional information is needed.

--
James Tanis
jtanis at pycoder.org