databases/mbdtools + unixODBC

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Sep 1 11:38:42 PDT 2005

For whatever reason, FreeBSD's ports/mdbtools isn't linking (or even
offering to link) against unixODBC or iODBC.

I was browsing the list archives and someone hinted that v0.5 is "several
years" old, but thanks to sf.net's anti-spam measures on list archives, I
don't have that contact's e-mail.

Anyway, the port lacks a maintainer and if there hasn't been an official
release in that period, that may explain a great many things.

Anyway, It's hard to believe I'm the first person to try

php->apache->unixODBC->mdbtools(libmdbodbc)->access database on FreeBSD.

Looking into this now.  I'll open a send-pr(1) as well.