sendmail from porst vs vase sendmail (problems)

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Sep 1 02:16:54 PDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 08:00:54PM -0700, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> Sendmail builds just fine right out of the box. Go to the
> sendmail.org site and download the latest source distribution. Build
> and install according to the supplied instructions. As long as you
> have a properly configured sendmail.mc (and associated files, like /
> etc/mail/local-host-names and /etc/mail/aliases) it will just work.
> (If you build the OS from /usr/src make sure to add "NO_SENDMAIL=yes"
> to /etc/make.conf so that the base sendmail doesn't clobber your
> version.)

Thanks, but I really don't want to add yet a 3rd version to
the confusion at this point in time.

> > However at the moment sendmail is not working at all. I built
> > it from the ports tree last night, and I can't seem to get it to
> work.
>
> Without a *much* more detailed problem description, nobody will be
> able to help you fix this.

OK. I'll be more specifc. How do I get the sendmail that's distributed
with the base system, and all the requisite dirctories, such as
/var/spool/mail, rebuilt as they would have been right after the install?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967