Remove all secondary ports now

NAKATA Maho chat95 at mac.com
Mon Oct 31 21:05:27 PST 2005

In Message-ID: <20051101044023.GA17067 at xor.obsecurity.org>
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 01:18:16PM +0900, NAKATA Maho wrote:
> > Hi all, as I mentioned at:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3050+5810+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-openoffice/20050925.freebsd-openoffice
> > Now I'll remove all localized ports.
> >
> > (I'm very sorry I said different things before:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=30653+34559+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-openoffice/20050911.freebsd-openoffice
> > )
> >
> > I'm quite sure that I'll make mistakes, because I'll remove ~50 ports
> > at the same time...so please e-mail asap if you find building INDEX is
> > broken. and I'm reading e-mails at 2005/11/1 at 17:00(JST), 8:00(UTC).
>
> Oops, I had forgotten to raise my concerns about this..since we know
> that the localized dictionary ports regularly develop problems (size
> mismatch, etc), this will hide those problems from visibility, and
> it's likely that they'll all become (and stay) broken pretty quickly
> without pointyhat to keep an eye on them.

I don't think so, since ooodict-all install everything!
o if some files are updated, ooodict-all can be size mismatched. so this
port must be broken.
o if ooodict-all port is marked as broken, other secondary port should
also be broken and these secondary ports are always broken EVEN IF ONLY ONE
file is size mismatched.
o if some files are updated and do not mark ooodict-all BROKEN, we can
still install localized ports which not updated (if we properly write
Makefile)

so both gives the same result.

BTW: I wrote a page about what are ooodict-all and related ports.
http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/dictionary.html
if you know something about please let me know.

-- NAKATA, Maho (maho at FreeBSD.org)