Any weird behavior with xscreensaver version 4.23?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 28 23:29:39 PDT 2005

Howdy,

I know that the -gnome version of xscreensaver has been updated to 4.23, and
I worked on updating the non-gnome version tonight. However, I'm seeing some
weird behavior with version 4.23 that I didn't previously. Specifically,
when I do things in my aterm window (and to a lesser extent in other
windows) like cd, ls a large directory, etc., I get little flashes of black
on my screen, in pseudo-random locations. I can consistently reproduce this
with xscreensaver on, and never with it off.

So, I'm asking if anyone who has already upgraded is seeing the same behavior.

Thanks,

Doug