bmpx - gtk2.8

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 24 14:51:34 PDT 2005

[LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> I'm currently trying to port bmpx (http://bmpx.berlios.de) a media
> player that is made by the team that made beep-media-player. My only
> trouble seems to be that there is no port for gtk2.8.
> Is such a port already in the works?

It has already been done by the FreeBSD Gnome team, but it won't hit the
ports tree before the end of the ports slush (which will happen after
the Release of FreeBSD 6.0).

In the meantime, you can get the port from here, but you'll probably
need to update some other ports (e.g. glib), too.

http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20/

In fact, it is wise to either upgrade to GNOME 2.12 with the
instructions given in

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html

or, to wait until GNOME 2.12 is committed to the offical ports tree.

I've Cc:ed gnome@, since they are the maintainer of GTK.

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de