Squid +pid 48635 (squid), uid 100: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

Edwin L. Culp eculp at bafirst.com
Mon Oct 24 05:15:58 PDT 2005

4 Current servers running current and squid-2.5.11_3 that had no
problems maybe a month ago are now dumping core and logging the
following:

+pid 48635 (squid), uid 100: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

I have no idea where to begin looking.  From the squid list and saw
where it could be caused by persistent connections on some platforms so
I turned them off and there was no change.

All the machines are running up to date ports, with kernel and userland
no more that a week old and there are both Intel and amd processors.
One box has multiple processors so it doesn't seem to be a hardware
issue due to the diversity. Any help or suggestions for what I might
try will be very much appreciated.

ed