courier-authlib-vchkpw port does not compile...

Evren Yurtesen yurtesen at ispro.net.tr
Sun Oct 23 15:02:11 PDT 2005

Oliver Lehmann wrote:

>>Are you using courier-authlib-vchkpw on amd64?
>

> nope, only on alpha and i386 but my client is amd64 so I could install it
> for testing purpose. (Thats where I noticed that -fPIC made it compile)

Hi,

Did you test this situation? The only amd64 machines I have are my
production machines so its a bit difficult to test this by myself. But
last time -fPIC made it compile but the code didnt work as it is suppose
to work.

Some other people had the same problem obviously
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/vchkpw@inter7.com/1569761.html

Also, it seems like Linux users do not have the same problem even though
they also need to compile with -fPIC on amd64

or can anybody confirm that this is fixed?

Evren