[SUGGEST] Reform eclipse and eclipse related ports

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Fri Oct 21 15:09:11 PDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 02:54:41PM -0700, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> My .02 cents worth - - - Would the ports system handle adding another
> level to its directory structure?

This is the biggest FAQ about the ports collection and the answer is
always going to be the same: NO.  We have nearly ten thousand lines of
automated tools which have the two-level assumption hardwired into them.
Fixing this would require many, many, hundreds of hours to do the necessary
rewriting and regression testing.

Reading back through the mailing lists would have shown you this.

mcl