Anyone else having stunnel problems?

Jim Hatfield subscriber at insignia.com
Thu Oct 20 09:58:43 PDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:43:45 +0100, in local.freebsd.ports you wrote:

>The recent upgrade of openssl, combined with upgrading stunnel,
>means that the daemon dies as soon as a connection is made:

OK so I have used portdowngrade to downgrade openssl to 0.9.7g,
and stunnel to 4.10. The portupgrade -f of openssl went OK, so
I now have libcrypto.so.3 and not libcrypto.so.4.

However when I try to build stunnel I get:

>===>   stunnel-4.10 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.4 - not found

Where is it configured to require that particular version?
I see nothing in the Makefile.

This is killing me, I have someone out in Thailand at a customer
site who gets his mail via imap/ssl and he's now cut off. It's
things like this which makes me want never to upgrade a machine
once it's installed and working, but with openssl you don't have
a choice since the upgrades are to fix security problems.