firefox: Xft + FreeType2, is it possible?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Oct 17 13:05:10 PDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:54:21 -0500, Andrey Chernov <ache at FreeBSD.ORG>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:48:51PM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> Yeah, I always wondering why different tools don't give any same output
>> while if merge them together and cause no problem. Anyway, can you test
>> this patch to update webfonts? Thanks for fonts.dir; it increases to 914
>> from 625.
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/webfonts.diff
>
> The first problem I catch immediately:
> andalemo.ttf -monotype-andale
> mono-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-c-0-adobe-standard
> Should be:
> andalemo.ttf -monotype-andale
> mono-book-r-monospaced--0-0-0-0-m-0-adobe-standard
> (notice "book", "monospaced" and "m")
>
> ttmkfdir -p (pango)

What's the difference? How does it causes problem? mkfontscale and
mkfontdir create the first one.

You know what, I don't think I can add tahoma in fonts.dir....because
webfonts doesn't install tahoma.ttf. I wasn't pay attention until I
checked in cache and wondering why tahoma wasn't create in the cache that
made me check in webfonts's plist and directory.

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team