[SUGGEST] Reform eclipse and eclipse related ports

Jan Grant Jan.Grant at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 11:56:34 PDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Vizion wrote:

> You guys just do not get it.
>
> I have spent over 45 five years in the computer industry and am fed up with
> technologists who think in terms of their precious systems rather than on
> behalf of people that use them.

This is an open-source project; patches speak louder than words. There
is a process outlined in the porters' handbook (that I've pointed you at
before) for getting ports system rejigs to even be considered.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-categories.html#PROPOSING-CATEGORIES

(Given the ability of existing tools to search for ports in "half-assed"
virtual categories, I think you overstate your case.)

Cheers,
jan

Tel +44 (0)117 3317661   http://ioctl.org/jan/
HP-unix: Open Sauce product, available in 57 distributions.