Mambo -- install dir

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:26:43 PDT 2005

On Thursday 13 October 2005 12:45,  the author Chuck Swiger contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: Mambo -- install dir:

>Vizion wrote:
>> How can I configure install so that mambo is installed into the directory
>> of my choosing?
>>
>> By default mambo installs in /usr/local/www
>
>Change:
>
>MAMBO_DIR?=     www/${PORTNAME}
>
>...in the port's Makefile, and/or change ${PREFIX}.
>
>> The over generalization that the default path is the correct path for
>> installation seems to be a curse in the freebsd ports system which is a
>> virulent nuisance in the ports/www but, although a less frequent cause of
>> difficulty  in other parts of the ports system, it remains a frequent
>> cause of difficulty.
>
>Heh, you said something amusing about overgeneralizations.  :-)
>
>In general, changing $PREFIX as mentioned above, or by adding something
> like:
>
>CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --prefix=/foo/bar/server1
>
>...if the port uses GNU configure, will work for most ports.

Thanks
OK where is PREFIX set originally -- is it a global or local variable?
are you saying the command should be
make install CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --prefix=/foo/bar/server1

 -- I do wish this accumulated wisdom was in a file (port_mods.readme or
something!!)

thanks again

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.