Comments: print/acroread7 in /usr/local/lib/acroread - final install path? (was Re: portupgrade, linuxpluginwrapper, acroread7 and Epiphany)

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Thu Oct 13 03:29:48 PDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:36:51 +0200
Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:

> > ... and, of course, update your /etc/libmap.conf accordingly. BTW I
> > don't see a pending PR for linuxpluginwrapper, should I file one?
>
> Yes please.

Well, I'm quite busy these days, hope to find some time in the
weekend to test a patch for linuxpluginwrapper.
But, until then, I'd like to know something about the reasons behind
changing acroread7 installation directory to /usr/local/lib/acroread
and if this is going to be its long-term final location.
Because, in my opinion, it's a waste of resources and time to commit
patches for other ports using it and roll them back later.
Thanks

--
Adi Pircalabu (PGP Key ID 0x04329F5E)

For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/