FreeBSD Port: vsftpd-2.0.3

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:13:41 PDT 2005

On 10/12/05, Wesley Shields <wxs at csh.rit.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:44:53AM -0500, Peter G. Brown wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > A quick follow up - on editing the vsftpd.sh file and putting a space
> > between . /etc/rc.subr - it worked (with the other edits).
>
> It looks like you didn't select the RC_NG option from the menu.  All the
> problems you are seeing would probably be taken care of if you selected
> that option.

I had a look at this port, and in my view it shouldn't need the RC_NG
menu option.  Instead it should just install the vsftpd.sh script, and
default the vsftpd_enable to being disabled.

This way the vsftpd daemon can be started by either the script or by
inetd.  Leaving the choice up to the admin, after the port/package is
installed.  As currently, the package doesn't include the rc.d startup
script.

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.