portupgrade, linuxpluginwrapper, acroread7 and Epiphany

Frank Jahnke jahnke at fmjassoc.com
Tue Oct 11 15:21:02 PDT 2005

I updated to 6.0RC earlier today, and am now upgrading my various ports
(which I always do manually).  One of the first I did was Acroread7,
which needed it.  I did the usual portupgrade, and it went through the
recursive upgrades without a hitch (including linuxpluginwrapper).  Now,
however, acroread7 cannot be invoked as a plugin from Epiphany.  I
corrected an improper location in libmap.conf, but it still does not
load.  It works fine from the command line.  Any advice would be most
appreciated, but this may well be an issue with linuxpluginwrapper.

Information:

libmap.conf:
# Acrobat7 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
[/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/nppdf.so]
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

where the location is linked to
/usr/local/lib/acroread/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so,
which exists and is readable and executable.  Similarly, libc.so.6 is
the highest version on the system, and pluginwrapper/acrobat.so exists
in /usr/local/lib and is also readable.

about:plugins in Epiphany shows the plugin is enabled.

Still, it does not load into Epiphany.  All of the other plugins (Java,
RealPlayer and Flash) work fine.  The plugin also no longer works in
Mozilla 1.7.7, but is enabled.

Frank