How to detect portupgrade and barf

Nick Hilliard nick-lists at netability.ie
Tue Oct 11 00:47:06 PDT 2005

> Do what needs to be done in the deinstall script of the package.  If you
> can't do that for some reason, you must find a way to have them both
> installed at once that is supported by the ports collection.  Short
> of some sort of new port per version scheme I don't see a way to do
> that.

Hi Brooks,

Both old and new package will be installed in version specific
directories, so no overlap will occur and the versions can be used and
run simultaneously.

The problem is how to detect whether portupgrade is being used to run
the pkg_delete, or whether pkg_delete is being run directly from the
command line. Is this supported, or is there some good or recommended
way of doing this?

Nick