problem with editors/kxmleditor

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Thu Oct 6 12:57:47 PDT 2005

On Thursday 6 October 2005 17:02, Jason Hawkins wrote:
> ey--
>
> Having trouble compiling this one on a fairly vanilla 5.4-RELEASE install,
> i386, using the generic kernel.  I'm going from a fresh tarball, which I
> tried downloading a couple times to be sure I didn't pull a dud.
>
> Error messages are below, along with some tidbits, but if anyone knows what
> dependencies to rebuild to unstick it (or if it's just a bug)... beer on
> me.
>
> Thanks--
> jason
>
> errors start with this:
> ******************
> gmake[3]: Entering directory
> `/usr/ports/editors/kxmleditor/work/kxmleditor-1.1.4/doc/en'
> /usr/local/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
> XPath error : Undefined variable
> $alphabetical[count(.|key('letter',
> translate(substring(normalize-space(concat(primary/@sortas,
> primary[not(@sortas)])), 1, 1),
> 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz','ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'))
> [count(ancestor::node()|$scope) = count(ancestor::node())
>                 and ($role = @role or $type = @type or
>                 (string-length($role) = 0 and string-length($type) =
> 0))][1]) = 1]
>              ^
> compilation error:

<snip>

Works fine here:

[...]
Making all in en
gmake[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/ports/editors/kxmleditor/work/kxmleditor-1.1.4/doc/en'
/usr/local/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/editors/kxmleditor/work/kxmleditor-1.1.4/doc/en'
gmake[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/ports/editors/kxmleditor/work/kxmleditor-1.1.4/doc'
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
[...]

# pkg_info -W `which meinproc`
/usr/local/bin/meinproc was installed by package kdelibs-3.4.2_1

You must have cvsup'd your ports recently? Meinproc is what compiles the help
file to html pages. Yours is not up to date apparently (at least not
enough... KDE 3.4.0) and that's likely why you get these errors. So you need
to update kdelibs, and indeed the rest of KDE. Yup, all of it :)

See /usr/ports/UPDATING if upgrading from ports. There's probably also
packages somewhere.

Alternatively, you could try to find a package for kxmleditor that was built
at the time of your release, or (a bit hackerish but will work), temporarily
replace the current kxmleditor port directory you have with the one from the
5.4-REL CD or repository and build that one. But I'd recommend biting the
bullet and upgrading the whole lot.

HTH,

Dan