New Port Version Check feature

Wed Oct 5 02:02:39 PDT 2005

Edwin Groothuis <edwin at mavetju.org> wrote:

> After a long weekend of coding (long live the Queen!) this morning
> I have sent out this morning the first batch of emails to alert
> maintainers of possible availability of newer versions of the ports
> they maintain.

And it's great (the new version was released just one day ago, and the usual
freshmeat update mail hasn't arrived yet)!

> - Maintainers get an email only once per newly found file. This
>  means that if url1/foo-1.2 gets found, it only alerts the maintainer
>  once. Adding a new master-site (url2/foo-1.2) might give you
>  another alert. Updating the portversion will give you alerts on
>  all mastersites. But there won't be a weekly list of all previous
>  alerts.

So I just will get a "diff"? What about having the most recent changes first
(sorted alphabetically) and the previous alerts (sorted alphabetically too)
in a new paragraph below the recent changes.

Bye,
Alexander.

Life is like an analogy