FreeBSD Port: pymol-0.97

Osmany Guirola cruz osmany.guirola at cigb.edu.cu
Tue Oct 4 12:52:06 PDT 2005

hi
 I am using pymol on freebsd 6.0beta4 with an ATI RAdeon 9250 128MBRAM
but pymol is not using hardware acceleartion :-( it said this
  OpenGL-based graphics engine:
  GL_VENDOR: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
  GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect
  GL_VERSION: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.2.1)

It is using "indirect" render but i have installed the DRI DRM drivers
of my radeon......
glxinfo --> direct rendering: Yes
        --> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20040929 AGP 4x TCL
        --> OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
glxgears---> a lot of FPS

I am using DIRECT RENDER but pymol is not using it and then is very very
slow, Why? (if i have a good configuration), What can i do to resolve
this problem?

Thanks

Osmany