Port: /dns/noip

Rudi Kramer derth at wbs.co.za
Tue Nov 29 18:51:48 GMT 2005

Good Evening,

I used the noip port on Freebsd 5.4 and I was able to install the port and
configure it with no problems.

I have now got a new pc and I installed Freebsd 6.0 on it.

I then tried to install the /dns/noip port

Information from distinfo:

D5 (noip-2.1.1.tar.gz) = 2855ba62a8b5742a7e9d26f4e7c80b25
SIZE (noip-2.1.1.tar.gz) = 71210

After doing make install all, I then tried to make conf as per the
intructions. Before the ugprade I was presented with a list of numbers
corresponding to a list of all my network interfaces.

Now when I do make conf I see the following:

By typing the number associated with it.
0       fxp0
1       ú¸
2
3       þ
4
5
6
7
8       þλ!
9
10      plip0
11
12      8
13
14
15
16
17
18      8

I have tried to use each and every number but none of them work.

here is the results from my uname -a

FreeBSD luke.deathstar.za.net 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu Nov  3
09:36:13 UTC 2005     root at x64.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
i386

Any ideas?

Rudi