httpd: bad user name nobody (apache13-modssl port)

Brian Behlendorf brian at hyperreal.org
Tue Nov 29 08:53:56 GMT 2005

I just found John's message while hitting the same problem, and was able
to resolve it, so I thought I'd share it with the list.  Turns out that I
had the databases/db2 port installed, and the Apache configure script was
finding that and giving it preference over FreeBSD's own internal db2
routines, apparently causing the problems trying to access spwd.db.
John's solution, removing "--enable-module=auth_db", only solved the
problem because it removed the need for Apache's configure to look for a
db library.  The real solution appears to be to either remove the db2 port
and mark it as a conflict, or to find a way to specifically instruct
Apache's configure to use the system's db2 access routines.

 	Brian