FreeBSD ccache port is wonderfiul!

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Nov 22 00:45:28 GMT 2005

Andrew,

 > Beware, ccache brings bad luck in quite a few cases.
 > Start using it for /usr/src and first effects will be visible
 > in a few weeks. IMHO, ccache has still some way to
 > go in order into production. Stability is perfect, but
 > we need some features to prevent unexpected results.

can you elaborate? There are certainly cases that ccache will punt,
and just pass through to the normal compiler when it doesn't know how
to handle a complex situation, but if you know of any cases where
ccache will actually produce an incorrect object file or binary then
please let me know (preferably with some way of reproducing it).

Cheers, Tridge