VMware

Annelise Anderson andrsn at andrsn.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 21 12:14:56 GMT 2005

 	Vmware 3.3 is in ports, but vmware has advanced to 4.5, 5.0, and
now 5.5 is in beta testing.  All of these run FreeBSD as a guest (I'm
running 6.0 as a guest on Windows XP).

 	But VMware 4.5, 5.0, and 5.5 don't run on FreeBSD, which I think
is unfortunate as it prevents FreeBSD from being used as a test platform
for other operating systems.  While native FreeBSD support would be nice,
running with linux emulation would be okay, but not even this works.

 	Wouldn't this be an important priority for making FreeBSD a more
widely used test platform?

 	Thanks you for your consideration.

 		Annelise Anderson