ports/89347: [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net-mgmt/ipcad: New release

Xin LI delphij at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 07:37:55 GMT 2005

(Moved to freebsd-ports@ to reduce GNATS spamming :-)

On 11/21/05, Colin Percival <cperciva at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Xin LI wrote:
> > Port:   freebsd-sha256-20050310
> > Info:   FreeBSD sha256 utility
> > Maint:  cperciva at daemonology.net
> > B-deps:
> > R-deps:
> > WWW:
> >
> > This looks a little strange.  Colin, why this is in the sysutils category?
>
> Because /sbin/sha256 is a system utility?  I listed both "sysutils" and
> "security" in the CATEGORIES variable, but there wasn't any strong reason
> to put it into one directory rather than the other.

Personally I think it would be better to assign freebsd-sha256's
primary category into security.  It is much more security related
rather than being a more "generic" system utility. This is requested
by porters' handbook, section 5.3.3.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net