dcraw does not compile

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 20 14:34:16 GMT 2005

WA4GEG at netscape.net wrote:
> Hi Ports,
>
> I'm new to the list and also a bit green around the ears with 'nix in general. Got FreeBSD 6.0 w/ KDE installed this weekend. Ran into this problem while installing the port Digikam:
>

> dcraw-1.236.tar.gz                            100% of   33 kB 3026  Bps 00m00s
> ===>  Extracting for dcraw-1.236
> => Checksum OK for dcraw-1.236.tar.gz.
> ===>  Patching for dcraw-1.236
> ===>   dcraw-1.236 depends on shared library: jpeg.9 - found
> ===>  Configuring for dcraw-1.236
> ===>  Building for dcraw-1.236
> cc -o dcraw -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe   -I/usr/local/include dcraw.c -L/usr/local/lib -lm -ljpeg
> dcraw.c:179: error: conflicting types for 'memmem'
> /usr/include/string.h:65: error: previous declaration of 'memmem' was here
> dcraw.c:179: error: conflicting types for 'memmem'
> /usr/include/string.h:65: error: previous declaration of 'memmem' was here
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/dcraw/work/dcraw-1.236.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Is there a fix for this? If so how do I proceed?

Hi,

the latest version of the port is 1.239, so you should try if the
problem still exists there. So, please update your ports collections as
per the instructions given in [1], but be aware of the implications:

You said that you are running FreeBSD 6.0, which means that after
the update your ports tree will have newer versions of some important
libraries and you will have to recompile a lot. This shouldn't cause any
troubles as long as you follow the instructions given in
/usr/ports/UPDATING.

If you simply want to make this single port work, you could also grab
the latest version of it from [2 -> Download this directory in tarball].
Please note, that is not the supported way (you are assumed to have the
latest version of the ports tree).

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
    /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/graphics/dcraw/