Port conflicts between xterm and xorg-clients

Clint Olsen clint at 0lsen.net
Tue Nov 15 10:04:51 PST 2005

I find it rather confusing why the ports system bitches about these kinds
of conflicts.  So, in order to upgrade xterm, I must first _remove_
xorg-clients?

I had similar problems upgrading Gnome to 2.12 using the upgrade script.
It seems that if you specify -R to rebuild all the dependencies that this
shouldn't be a problem.

-Clint

# portupgrade -Rf xorg-clients

[...]

--->  Installing the new version via the port
===>  Installing for xterm-206_1

===>  xterm-206_1 conflicts with installed package(s):
      xorg-clients-6.8.2

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/xterm.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/xterm.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portupgrade93774.7 make -DFORCE_PKG_REGISTER reinstall