amavisd-new install start-up script in /etc/rc.d

Xin LI delphij at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 00:58:29 PST 2005

On 11/14/05, Cheng-Lung Sung <clsung at freebsd.org> wrote:
>     As mentioned in title. ports/security/amavisd-new installs
>     amavisd.sh in /usr/rc.d/. I founded that ports/82423 made
>     the change.
[...]
>     Question is: when I mergemaster, it will raise a warning that
>     suggest to remove amavisd.sh in /usr/rc.d/ (due to security issues)
>     So how can I distinguish there is a security issue or just a
>     start-up option?

I think this is a false positive from mergemaster(8), however I really
dislike installing these into /etc/rc.d, either ;-)

It seems that adding a functionality to make sure that mergemaster(8)
would ignore these "stale" files would solve the issue...

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net